History of Indukta

Located in the south of Poland at the foot of the Beskidy mountains, Bielsko-Biała been known for many years as a town of 100 industries, with rich traditions in the textile, automotive, and electrotechnical industries, and was the second centre of these industries in Poland as far as size is concerned.

Here are major events in the history of INDUKTA presented in the form of a calendar

year 1878

Indukta is established as a repair workshop for textile machines

year 1880

Manufacture of mechanical looms begins

year 1894

Manufacture of direct current generators begins

year 1919

Production of induction motors begins

year 1938

The factory manufactures 6500 motors per year

years 1939-1944

Production for armament purposes for Germany

 

year 1945

The factory comes under state ownership

years 1945-1946

Manufacture of squirrel-cage induction motors begins

year 1950

Manufacture of textile machines relocated to Befama - Indukta produces motors only

year 1965

The enterprise adopts the name Fabryka Maszyn Elektrycznych (Electric Machine Factory) Indukta

year 1991

INDUKTA transformed into a company wholly owned by the State Treasury

year 1994

Majority package of INDUKTA’s shares purchased by Towarzystwo Handlowe (Trading Association) ELEKTRIM

History of Celma

From the moment of its establishment until now, the basic products of CELMA have been asynchronous medium-power three-phase motors. For decades, the company was in practice the only producer of these motors in the country. That is why it is not possible to evaluate the role that CELMA’s products played in the reconstruction and development of the domestic industry after the First, and particularly the Second World Wars. It is also difficult to assess the influence of the company, which for a very long period was the biggest factory in the Cieszyn district, on the cultural and social development of this region.

Here are major events in the history of CELMA presented in the form of a calendar

20th October 1920

From the initiative of Karol Rusz, based on mechanical workshops, Zakłady Elektromechaniczne w Ustroniu Sp. z o.o. (Electromechanical Works in Ustronie Limited Liability Company) is established.

This date is regarded as the beginning of the today’s CELMA.

 

year 1921

Zakłady Elektromechaniczne ZEM Sp. z o.o. (Electromechanical Works Limited Liability Company) established in Cieszyn

 

year 1924

Polskie Zakłady Elektryczne (Polish Electrical Works) Brown-Boveri S.A. Factory established in Cieszyn

May 1945

After the Second World War, the factory known as Zakłady Elektromechaniczne (Electromechanical Works) is commissioned Rohn Zieliński S.A. Llc. Brown-Boveri Factory in Cieszyn under administration of the State

years 1950-1960

Licenced production of ‘d’ series squirrel-cage motors implemented

 

years 1958-1965

Production of new ‘p’ series of explosion-proof motors implemented

January 1961

Name of the site changed to Fabryka Maszyn Elektrycznych (Electric Machine Factory) Celma Cieszyn

year 1964

Production of new ‘e' series implemented

July 1972

Merger of Fabryka Maszyn Elektrycznych (Electric Machine Factory) Celma and Cieszyńska Fabryka Narzędzi (Tool Factory in Cieszyn) Cefana

years 1972-1974

Production of ‘f' series motors begins

years 1987-1991

Production of a new ‘g’ series motors begins

February 1991

The electric machine works CELMA in Cieszyn converted into a company wholly owned by the State Treasury

August 1992

Joint stock company Maszyny Elektryczne (Electric Machines) CELMA established

June 1995

ISO 9001 certificates obtained

11 October 1996

Shares of MASZYNY ELEKTRYCZNE (Electric Machines) CELMA acquired by Elektrim

As a result of the merger of the companies Maszyny Elektryczne (Electric Machines) CELMA and Fabryka Maszyn Elektrycznych (Electric Machine Factory) INDUKTA carried out as 2011 turned to 2012, CELMA INDUKTA SA was established with its registered office in Cieszyn.